Forum: Growing Farm Friendly Communities
Current & new tools to support farms in your town
Monday, March 26
Bowdoinham Town Hall, Coombs Building, 13 School St, Bowdoinham
Hear community & municipal leaders share policy approaches and practical ideas for ways communities and farmers can benefit from working together.
Stephanie Gilbert, Farm Viability & Farmland Protection Specialist with the Maine Dept. of Agriculture, Conservation, & Forestry will moderate this panel discussion, followed by ample time for audience Q&, etworkin, and connecting directly to available resource.
For More Info & to RSVP
- Adam Bishop, Farmland Protection Program Director, Maine Farmland Trust
- Sally Harwood, Co-Chair Agriculture Commission, Town of Winslow
- Rod Melanson, Planning Director, Town of Topsham
- 8:15 Registration, Networking, Light Breakfast & Coffee
- 8:45a Welcome & Panel Presentations
- Current Use Tax Programs
- Easements & Other Conservation Options
- Form-Based Code Approach to Creating Space for Agriculture
- Topsham’s Local Farms-Local Food Initiative & Other Programs
- Agriculture Commissions, the What & How
- Voluntary Municipal Farm Support Program (VMFSP)
- 10:30a Audience Question & Answer
- 11a Program Concludes; Additional time to explore available resources
- $10 Active Farmers
- $15 GrowSmart Maine & BCDI Members
- $25 General Public
Credit Card, Cash or Check Accepted.
Please register online in advance so we know you are attending!
Register Online & See More information:
Join the event on Facebook & invite your friends:
Co-hosted by GrowSmart Maine & BCDI in partnership with Maine Farmland Trust